Interim Report Now Available
On Tuesday, February 16th, StrategyCorp presented its interim report to Council. The report presented the findings of the first round of consultations, and our preliminary recommendations to Council.
Coming out of this report, Council approved the following recommendations:
- That the next phase of the Review be limited to options considering a Council of nine of a Council of seven;
- That the review will no longer consider “at-large” methods of election;
- That in the next phase of the review, analysis will be limited to options including three, four, five, six, seven and eight wards;
- That in the next phase of the review, options relating to the number of councillors per ward will be limited to one and two per ward; and
- That the review may consider the desirability assigning different numbers of council members to wards, and nothwithstanding, may propose up to a third member per ward, where doing so would achieve goals related to “Effective Representation”.
A copy of the full Interim Report can be found here or downloaded from the documents section.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link
Consultation has concluded